Our purpose is to serve the Common Good by bringing persons, all forms of capital, and communities together to create value that cannot be created alone. We emphasize stewardship for sustainable future economic growth and development. Using the virtues and the principle of subsidiarity we seek the conditions for the articulation of new leadership models and practices, centered on individual responsibility, care and courage, with the capacity to better direct markets and wealth creation toward serving the person, cultural development and human flourishing. We seek a course that enhances the value that enterprise, everywhere around the globe can create for society over the long term.
Therefore we promise:
- I will act with integrity and pursue work in an ethical manner.
- I will safeguard the interests of my shareholders, co-workers, customers and the societies in which we operate.
- I will manage enterprise in good faith, guarding against decisions and behavior that advance narrow ambitions but harm the enterprise, the economy and the societies it serves.
- I will understand and uphold, both in letter and in spirit, the laws and contracts governing my own conduct and that of enterprise.
- I will take responsibility for my actions, and I will represent and account the performance and risks of my enterprise accurately, with transparency and honestly.
- I will develop both myself and others under my supervision so that the economy grows in a sustainable fashion and contributes to the well being of the Common Good.
- I will strive to create virtuous economic, social, and environmental prosperity worldwide.
- I will be accountable to my peers and they will be accountable to me for living by this Oath.
This Oath I make freely, and upon my honor.